Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Photograpy- Cushing Martin

I was impressed by all the photos but the one that stuck out to me was the photo of the hand against the orange wall. I was shocked by this picture because it seemed so simple (there is only a hand and a wall) but it demanded your attention. I think the picture is so appealing because the hand showes some sort of slight movement because the hand was put in such an ackward position. This photo shows me that you do not need a very complex idea behind your pictures but you need to have something that will capture people's attention.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

I think, most importantly, it's how the picture was taken. A photographer has the power to turn the most mundane things into powerful, capturing images through his/her use of all the technical aspects we are/will learn in class.